Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Call Of Duty

I thought i had escaped the september batch. I heard that several people have already received their letters for enlistment into the army in September... I did not receive any. When would be the next intake after that?.. December? i dont know, but m sure would be a long time. I started coming up with long-term plans on how to spend my time after Go-fest asia.

Then i came home one day and found a letter for me, with the words 'enlistment notice' water-marked all over it. and just like that, the anticipation ive been having for so long was broken so abruptly. the only reaction i had to seeing my enlistment date was, "oh.."

my enlistment date is currently 13th sept. Just below the enlistment date stated in the letter, a sentence in caps stood out bold and menacing:
"AS YOU DID NOT ACHIEVE THE REQUIRED NAPFA TEST STANDARD, YOU WILL UNDERGO 8 WEEKS OF PHYSICAL TRAINING PHASE, FOLLOWED BY 9 WEEKS OF BASIC MILITARY TRAINING"

immediately after reading that sentence, for a moment my heart sank. then i realised; hey its not over yet, its not too late unlike what is stated that 'YOU WILL UNDERGO'. In actual fact, i still have about 3 months to train and try to attain my silver for napfa.
And when i do, i can totally scrap this enlistment letter, cause then ill get a new letter in which my enlistment date shall be pushed back one month, till october. I have tried many times already, and i am not far from the mark now.

Oh yeah, im still gonna have one more month of precious free time after Go-fest and before army! Ive been hearing this piece of advice couple times already, "make use of every moment of your free time before army, cause when you go into the army, youll really appreciate and treasure every moment of free time you have."

I pray that ill get this extra month of free time. And I pray that my remaining free time wont be disappearing into emptiness like it did for the 2 months after returning from disney.

4 Comments:

Blogger 柏WallaceD_Garbut信WallaceD_Garbutt1031 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:48 AM  
Blogger 育淑 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:39 PM  
Blogger 韋志 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Call Of Duty