Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Guided confusion

Last night, i was met with a close shave from losing both my wallet and my handphone - the 2 items that i cant go out without. A number of factors were contributing to the incident, but i think the main culprit is the pair of pants i wore that i am almost growing out of; after gaining 6kg since the time i bought it.

Yesterday i had actually intended to go for the SJC AGM, but after work i very unexpectedly received a call telling me that Junting had a free ticket for Iron man 2 that he could give me. apparently the free tickets were from his mom's company. A newly released movie that i had been wanting to watch, for free - who could resist. So a group of 8 of us decided to pon AGM for the greater good - for free Iron man 2. haha.

The movie was ok but not as good as i had expected. but thats besides the point. back to the point... because of my tight pants, i had to take out my handphone and wallet from my pockets to ease the discomfort. i placed it in the seat drink holder, and continued watching the movie, not bothering about it. After the movie, i stayed a few minutes to see if theres anyhting after the credits; which took too long and my friends had already started to leave the theatre. I grabbed my laptop bag and rushed out to catch up, talking and commenting about the movie along the way to the bus stops or mrt station or carpark.

It took me all the time from making our way through the crowd from the 5th storey down the excalators to the ground floor and almost going out of the shopping mall before i realised i left those things behind!
So i rushed all the way back up to the cinema, clueless where to go. I had no idea at all which theatre it was, and neither did i know how to get in without going past the ticket checker and the crowd. it was a state of great confusion. Then i saw an 'exit only' door and went in, hoping to retrace my exitting path from there.
It happens that that was the wrong exit door from where i came out from, and it took me to the corridor of theatres. Now i had to find out which theatre it was. I saw one which was open and had a few people in it, playing 'kick ass' advertisements.

Though there wasnt really anything to convince me that it was the right theatre, i confidently went in, down to the place where i sat earlier, and to my great relief and delight, there my hp and wallet was, camouflaged in the black seat pocket.
It might sound like nothing much; but to me, it was a frantic time, and i was very lucky in how it was resolved.

Other updates, i am no longer staying at home most of the time, being bored and doing nothing much - i have since joined YWAM as a volunteer in the Go-fest team. I would say, though we get no salary or provisions, im sure i would be much happier working here than finding a job in a corporate company. The environment, the culture is just so different for the better.
Would i devote myself full-time to the Lord's service in the future? Right now i dont think so, but that is a possibility i do not rule out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Guided confusion