Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Thursday, April 08, 2010

ill informed decision

Today i had my medical review at CMPB. purpose of which is to address a condition i had mentioned before during medical screening - ADHD. i had already intended to trivialise the problem as much as possible, because i was quite sure it wont enable me a down-pes. so do away with the unnecessary self-degradation.
my mom had to go down too, as required by the doctor to have an interview.

so we went in to have the interview together with the doctor... or rather a psychiatrist. had general questioning about the condition and how it affects me. we didnt make a big matter of it, because it was a small matter after all.

But then suddenly i was posed with a surprising choice - the doctor gave me a choice to remain in pes A, or be downgraded to pes C. temporarily, he said; but i doubted they would bother to change me out once im in. Just on the account of ADHD in my case, he said it actually does not constitute a down pes. but he was just being lenient and offering me a choice. sounds like a rare opportunity.
but he refused to give us detailed information about what pes A and C roles are like. i was forced to make a decision right then using all the little i knew. and in the end, i gave a decision. I chose to remain in combat roles. My mum had nothing more to say, and just kept quiet. no need to speak up for me to be downpesed. end of discussion.

Upon leaving the room, she immediately began pummeling me with doubts about my choice.
Are you sure you want to do combat roles? Do you know what youre in for? Are you sure you can do it? what if ......? why dont you wanna do pes C?
She obviously thinks pes C is much better... easier life, more benefits.

when my dad was told about this, he too began putting doubts in me. more or less along the same lines. they both think i made a foolish choice and wasted a good opportunity. after taking in all their doubts, i then too begin to worry if i had made an ill informed decision that i would regret for the coming 2 years.

Well, the decision has been made, probably no turning back. come what may. God has given me a healthy body; i should make the best use of what i am given, instead of giving in to a down-pes when i dont deserve one, just for the sake of some comfort. i believe life would be more exciting in the combat field, albeit less comfortable. what wont kill me will make me stronger!

Im sure the army wont let me suffer beyond my means... neither would God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: ill informed decision