Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Extraordinary timeout

Call it divine appointment. as for me, i guess it was.

The jym timeout set on Thursday 11 march at 9pm was initially intended to be done together at Dappen's place as part of the Acacia (and, unknown to me, combined with myrtle) cell outing.
However, at the stroke of 9pm, half of the people present perpared to leave, and said they would do their timeout on the way home. (highly doubtful they did, or that it was of quality) it was as if everyone was intentionally defying the official timeout period.
i would have stayed and looked for a quiet spot to do my timeout too, if not for someone bugging me to leave too...

so oh wells. the plan to do timeout there failed. next plan was to do it somewhere downstairs my condo.
but in an unfortunate event, being distracted as i alighted the bus, i discovered that i had left my bag of stuff (containing cards and souvenirs) on the bus! it was too late; the bus sped off just as i wanted to make a dash back in.
i thought of hailing a cab and immediately asking the driver to overtake the bus, but i didnt wanna go through that cost and trouble. so i just took the next bus and follow all the way to the terminal, hoping to find that bus and my bag.
i was hesitant. the ride would be long. it wasnt that those stuff were very important. but since i was free and wanted some 'adventure', i just went for it, taking that little chance of getting my stuff back. on top of my mind, i was also considering creating a good opportunity for doing the timeout.

the bus took a long boring ride all the way to Hougang. and the worse part is, i didnt do my timeout during the whole ride.
reaching the interchange, quite as i expected, there was nothing left on the bus, and nothing turned in to lost and found. someone must be enjoying my monopoly deal, las vegas deck and Disneyworld accessories now.

taking the last mrt train back, i stopped at orchard, and found that my direct bus from there was no longer running - i missed the last bus by like 15 mins.
i didnt think much about what am i to do next or worry about how to get home... i just did my timeout there alone at the bus stop. it was a very indescribable, peaceful feel.

halfway through, i received a call from my mom, interrupting my timeout. she asked why i wasnt back so late; i told her my story, and without me requesting anything, my dad offered to make a trip down to fetch me at that midnight hour. and so he did.
i continued my timeout until he reached about 15 mins later. i got more than what i asked for - im sure it was a much more meaningful and somewhat exciting timeout than what i would have otherwise gotten.

as for those stuff i lost, i wish for the finder to enjoy them to the full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Extraordinary timeout