Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The first moment of adulthood

So, i just officially became an adult like 45 minutes ago. Thought of making my entry a bit more memorable, but well nothing came to plan. On the last day and last hour of my non-adulthood, I just being engrossed in shooting the guts out of zombies on L4D - and when i finished, i realised i am an adult already!

All these while i had actually been trying to avoid this day. i see it coming closer and closer, but as long as it had not reached, i told myself that there is still some time to go. I never did anything to 'celebrate' the last few days of my official youth. i guess i have come to realise that i should never be bound by numbers such as my age, and that as long as the situations let me, i can be as youthful as i want, for as long as i feel it. If you ask me, i dont feel a bit like an adult.

But still, i cant help but feel a mite sentimental about it, cause after all its still a fact that i have lived a good 21 years. i can never be 18 again, no matter how much i feel like it. And it is inevitable the people take much heed to the numbers to your years. A whole phase of life has passed. whatever was done within that time is etched into my life and stays as that. Now i can only change the future, starting from what i have built so far.

In any case, i am thankful to God for seeing me through all these years. This is a chance for me to reflect on all the people who have blessed my life one way or another, all the blessings i have received. All the things that formed my formative years... I have come far from where i used to be. Even though there is still way to go; it leaves for much to be yet discovered. All those opportunities i missed that seems to be passed and over, who knows, may be opened to me once again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: The first moment of adulthood