Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A week's progress

Exactly one week ago, i was on the plane on my way here.

It seems like so long ago that i been here. By now i am starting to get used to this apartment, the environment, weather, and the people. It seems like so long ago since ive last been at home, in Singapore. but the feeling is not of homesickness, but of nostalgia. i dont experience such a separation with my old world back in Sg as i feared or imagined. but then again, it may be too early to say. after all, its only been one week.

Within the week that has passed, i travelled here, moved into the apartment, bought all our stuff to furnish up the place and make it homely, got familiar with the surrouning area, adapted to the new life, and adapted to my housemates. got used to the american lifestyle and products.

in respect to the internship program, ive done all my admin stuff (they were really a chore), completed my training, and today i had my job orientation! Finally i receive my work schedule, get to see my workplace, received my uniform (or costume it is called) and also get to tour around the magic kingdom! too bad i didnt bring my camera and didnt have chances to take photos anyway. tomorrow is the start of my work proper at the Pecos Bills cafe. and next week will be the start of my UNCG modules.

Soon it will be just monotony of work and lessons. though each day should be different since we are dealing with diferent customers (or guests they call them) but after a while it gets quite routine i guess. i know that the best way to make every working day new and unique is to relate to each guest as unique individuals and not just another customer. ill try.

People say that at first we would come here and miss home and wanna go back badly, then after a while we start to like it, and at the end we dont wanna go back. but as far as i can see, i may enjoy my time in Disneyworld and working there. i may come to enjoy the company of my peers while im here. but even so, one things for sure - the environment is so much better in Singapore, and there is no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: A week's progress