Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Monday, September 07, 2009

Final Words

The time now is 1am, Tuesday 8 september. Im into my 6th last hour in Singapore for this whole year and part of next. The time has come. the time for me to leave this place, and into
A WHOLE NEW WORLD!


oh fine. its just disney world. haha.


So i shall take this bit of time left to blog. cause its a moment to remember. and i wont know when ill be able to blog again. maybe my next post would be about my whole week of orientation already.

Right now my feelings are not of excitement, but of reminiscence, quite emotional about leaving this place behind and being separated from this part of the world for the whole 5 months till its over. i cant even make a slight fix to my room after this, or grab a piece of paper i forgot to bring. I feel strange. But it doesnt seem to feel like im gonna enter a transition real soon. maybe it will at the airport. And of course, tiredness.

Its been a whole day of packing. Gosh, i truly underestimated the task and process of packing. yes i had all the things to pack in mind, and it may seem simple putting them into the bags. but when i get into action then do i realise how complicated it is. As for now i have finally packed finish and tidied up my room. But it took me at least 7 hours in total just to pack. and maybe another hour to tidy up my room. and then a bit of business to do using my comp before i go, such as this, blogging.

Looking back, i think my last few days here has been spent quite well. i am satisfied with it, and it will certainly be memorable. i got to meet many friends and go for many events; from sec school to poly to church friends, over several different occasions. Hq and andrew's farewell, dinner at Din Tai Fung twice, gabriel's house twice. some casual outings. and of course, the surprise farewell party for me.

The farewell party was great. though the surprise didnt work except to get me all confused on Friday when i was told to announce it in Jym. i think it was a little too short. timings werent really favourable. the jymers took long to come over from church, and many had to leave early, for whatever reasons including the wake. bad clash of timings. organisation could have been better. activities could have been better too. it almost became just like a free and easy gathering where ppl come to eat and play on their own. but last minute some activity got into place and saved the day. didnt save me from being deceived and forcefully dunked in the pool while wearing a pants i needed for USA. but it was fun while it lasted, yeah.

And then today (im speaking of monday cause it still seems like today) the last day, did feel special compared to the previous days. its the feeling of savouring every moment and experience of Singapore remaining that i could. I spent the afternoon in West Mall with my mom and Joel, doing last minute shopping (never shopped for US any time before). God granted me success and we were able to find the stuff i wanted very easily, and got them all at good deals. I got to enjoy soya milk probably the last time in a long time cause i doubt they have it in USA.
2 people met me to pass me stuff last minute. interestingly, both were passing to me on the behalf of someone else, and both had the opportunity to pass it to me earlier but forgot. haha.

For my last dinner here, i had special home cooked dishes upon request. Curry chicken, sambal kang kong, promfrets and herbal soup... gonna miss all these food! and of course, the durians i had for dessert. no way im gonna find it there. it would drive all the ang mohs away.

Ok im now left with like 1h 45mins left to sleep. its ok, ill replenish it on the plane. But now while i can, i shall take my last sleep/ nap on my bed, in my room. Goodbye in advance, to my home, the Singapore environment, my friends and society. Whats more to say, ive said it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Final Words