Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August times

I dont know whats wrong with blogger. The page always fail to load on my laptop, and occasionally fails on the desktop too. but when i ask others, they say its fine. must be the internet here.

So i didnt have the chance to blog in several days, not that much happened.
A hallmark event was on last friday though - it was the very last lesson for my entire course! everyone wasnt veery bothered about it and getting emo and stuff. they just treated it as a normal lesson, cant wait to go off for the friday evening as usual. well now its just a week more till the exams, and 3 weeks more till its disney time! To be exact, its 21 days.
as of now, i still feel really unperpared.

Last week i also celebrated my birthday. my birthdays have always been really quiet. no parties, no big gatherings or special activities to celebrate. But still, this year's could arguably be my 'best' birthday so far.
What makes a good birthday?
For most ppl, birthday is a time for others to remember and appreciate you, appreciating your birth in that sense. but what really makes a birthday good and memorable really depends on personal preferences and one big C word -contentment.
how ironic, i say my bd isnt so good cause its so quiet, with not many ppl to celebrate for me. ut yet if ppl ask me, i would say i dont want parties or alot of pomp and ceremony. haha
so i would say, its the thought that counts.
how is this thought assessed then?
if its based on results in terms of the extent of the celebrations, presents received, wishes, cards, treats etc, it could be inaccurate measure.
I happen to be born at a very bad time, when everyone is having tests and exams coming up. so many ppl dont have the time to celebrate for me, or think about what to get for me. i suppose some are also too caught up thinking about their work to remember my bd.
Though i received NO presents this year (maybe they are still coming, i dunno.)
I cant really describe why, but I can feel the warmth of my friends, the societies im in, much more than it was last year. And thus i believe, they really do appreciate me internally, more than they may show through material means. And that is what matters more.

Its just one week more till the exams. the final exams for my course. (its not very decisive like O levels though) adn the exam fervor has not gotten to me at all yet. im still slacking at a time like this, feeling really unproductive.
So many things to do, so little time. yet i do things that are less important first...
Its like as if, im just looking ahead at disney, and everything else on the way becomes blur and i dont care so much about them... i really hate this arrangement that i have to leave so soon after the end of the semester. big time spoiler, man.

On a lighter note, im glad im able to know of someone who is already there in Disneyworld now, doing the same internship program, even the same role (quick svc F&B). She was able to provide me a whole good deal of information about what its like over there, and it really helps me get prepared, physically and mentally. Thanks be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: August times