Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Preparations and closures

Only 5 more days remain for me back here in Singapore. Exams are out of the way (or so i consider), and in these last few days im rushing and planning it all to make the time worth while. now that i realise it, time flies so frighteningly fast, each days left is precious and theres no time to waste. I want to make the final days special. I must do all i can back here, while i can, before i go off. thats what i feel.
And I dont wanna miss a thing...

Reality is dawning on me that my time left in SG is almost over, and the next time i'll be back here is 5 months later. Im still looking forward to my time in Disneyworld of course. i still think it would be great and worth the while. But one thing that has changed since the past few weeks or months - i no longer feel the anxiety, nervousness or worry about being away for 5 months. I no longer worry over what ill miss out here and what would happen if i forgot to do something here or bring sth along. I stll think its a long time to be away, but my view of this long time has become not as long as before. Ironic huh, since it should be the other way when the time is coming near.

Part of this could be because i have been talking to others who have been overseas for long periods too. of course they are all going overseas to study and none are actually going for internship like i am, so its different, but the similarities are sufficient. i gained valuable insights on life in a foreign country and settling in there. how to pack, what to bring. Which is why i have also decided to travel light.
I do not intend to bring a lot of things. ill just bring along all those things which i know i would use most and surely use. for all those not so important things which i dont know if i may use or not, ill not be so kiasu. also for the benefit of me carrying the luggage, and the space it may take up in my new apartment.
After all, most of the things i need, i would be able to buy there. yeah it may burn a bit of hole in my shallow pockets while im there, but hey its worth all the fuss and packing and cluttering if otherwise.

yes this 5 months could be a time of separation. where i would miss out on contact with many people here. even those who do contact me, would not be as effective as if im here. I do foresee relations growing dry, communications fading off, and some would forget me altogether. I dont want that to happen as far as possible, but thats a natural thing when such separation is in place.

I pray ill spend this time wisely, and that the opportunities would be favourable to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Preparations and closures