Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Timed out

I participated in the call for timeout today, and it was a great experience. i actually just finished my dinner, hanging around awhile and watching heroes. and luckily i set my reminder, cause i actually forgot. so just after heroes ended, it was time. i had not really prepared for it, so i just decided to go into my room, close the door and pray in the dark.

not knowing how to start, i just stared out of my window. And guess what brought me the first inspiration - Mars!
Yes it was very visible today, in view from my little window. and no, i didnt go marvelling at the wonder of God's creation, but instead on the dream i had about going to mars.

From there on it just went on and on, actually having me just repeating a lot of things and all the main things that i had prayed for all the previous nights. it was a time of solitude, away from all distractions, focusing all on God, and just pouring out my heart to Him. I lasted through the entire half hour doing nothing but sitting there and talking.

but what was really different about it from all the time i spend before i go to bed, is that i did not do it at the very last part of the day, when im all tired out, and do a quick one. the timeout session brought me a sense of peace, comfort, and relaxation. i felt less tired after it. its like some spa treatment without any materials required!

i rarely get the time and discipline to do such things when there is still other stuff to do. i think making these official time out periods are a good idea. also for the benefit of all those who forgot about it and missed the opportunity, we should have more of these next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Timed out