Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Final Performance

Today, it was finally time for the final performance for the vocalists, as part of the vocalist course and a form of assessment, as well as to showcase for friends and family to see. though we practiced our songs many times before, this time was especially nerve-wrecking cause its a live performance in front of many ppl we know. parents; the greatest contributor to the stress.

so there was i, waiting for my turn to arrive. and i was the 7th singer. one by one they took the stage. i could see some were nervous. some made blunders and it kinda wrecked them. that so didnt help me. and throughout the time i had reoccuring bouts of nervousness... prolonged over the wait. if it were to continue when i took the stage, it would sure affect me lots.

and just like there are the annoying suspense-creating commercial breaks during Singapore idol or its kind, so there was the food break after half the vocalists had sung. arrrgh... all the psyching for nothing; it really broke the momentum. and i couldnt eat those nice food in case any of it were to interfere.

When it was finally my turn, i went up and wasnt so nervous thankfully, but that didnt prevent me from making a big blunder at the very first line. i mixed up part of the first verse with that from the second verse! threw me into panic, causing me to go shaky for awhile. but God brought me comfort and i was able to surpress it, and quickly find a solution. i simply swapped the first and second verse except for the parts where the tune was different. sounds alright, but if anyone bothered to pay attention to the lyrics, it was a big blunder. still, i managed to hide it and make it seem to be all fine. thats the advantage of singing an unfamiliar song!
the rest of the song, the hard parts later, i managed to get it all. what a relief!

after the performaces, i thought i would get some pokes on that blunder i made. but it really occurs to me, nobody even noticed! they just told me i did a good job, and nobody talked about the mistake! and so i partially forgot about it too, and didnt bring it up to any of them. got away with it.. whew!

Thanks be to God, for giving me this opportunity of a vocalist course which really trained and grew me in this area, and for really helping me through during the whole performance. Through this i have grown closer to music, to God, and my fellow vocalists. Like never before, i felt a sense of pride for each of us who went up to perform. yes, this course was a great idea.

And i noticed a certain interesting trend among the 10 vocalists in the course - each of the Jym cell groups are represented!
Oak - Kenneth & Elza
cedar - Sabrina
poplar - Clement
myrtle - Joanne
willow - Eunice
Acacia - ME
cypress - Charlene
sycamore - Joshua
juniper - Sien

After the performaces, Elza's dad commended me on my performace, and then asked "how old are you... sec 3 now arh?"
when i said no, he continued "sec 2??"
i gave him that shocked expression and motioned upwards with my finger, signalling him to go higher. but he misinterpreted it ..
"oh... sec one." =.='
so i had to quickly correct him and stuff.

funny how ppl always misunderestimate my age... even up to 6 years below the actual!
well sometimes looking young is to my advantage. it allows me to relate to the younger ones and relive my younger times, without feeling too out of place. and same time i can also relate with those my age cos of my true age.. wonderful ability, come to think of it. hopefully when i am really old, i would still look young as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Final Performance