Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Friday, April 20, 2007

General update 20/4

With the recent start of poly, i have a little difficulty finding time to blog and stuff. My recount of the CADC FOC is suffering 'outdation'. Memory of it is getting blurrer by each progressive day. gotta do it quick before it gets 'opaque'. But i will commit to finish it. Heres a series of random things.

I HATE having to use notebooks in school. my dad refuses to buy a new laptop, so im stuck with joel's old and lousy laptop. its a price to pay for getting a new desktop. joel boasts of it being a gaming laptop, but its slow! and the best game it can play is prolly dota. and many other laps can do that too. Its also relatively very heavy. adds a big burden to my bag everyday.

And if u study in SP, youll need to do soemthing called self certification on ur laptop if its not bought from the SP vendors. its meant to model the system to be what SP desires it be, and allows access to certain SP websites and connection to SP wireless. compulsory. its like the whole thing gets reformatted, everything on it erased, and then i have to manually install many programs and make many changes according to a thick manual to refer when doing SC.

Its a super sian thing. I did it on monday. i went there after school at 12+, and it lasted until 6+. I didnt have lunch first. So during my time locked up in that cold room i was all hungry, and that catalyses the sian-ness. Almost a torture. It was my new record: 11 hours of not eating anything at all, while none of the time spent sleeping. only had plain water. I totally skipped lunch and got home to eat dinner.

There are also other problems with this laptop that my classmates call antique. Due to incompatibilty of the system, a few programs couldnt be installed during SC, for example windows xp professional. So i might face some problems in future should i need the program. The comp's quite slow in loading stuff, so its rather inconvenient. After 3 years of wearing out, the battery is totally screwed up now. after charging for 3 hours it can only last without power for 5 minutes. Buying a new laptop from the school would have made things much easier and better. Plus its at a discounted rate, about 30-40% cheaper than outside price.

My transition from sec school to poly marks a beginning of a new school life, and that means a new chance to do things that i couldnt or didnt in sec sch. An example would be CCAs. i dont know what got into me.. in sec sch i only had 1 cca and i was rather bochup about it. Now, theres so many ccas that interest me... like campus crudase for christ, which ill likely join, theatre compass , CADC (i went for its orientation camp), student enterpreneurs, student exchange and for a moment i even considered choir! I have to make my decision.. at max ill have 2.

Farrer court's en-bloc 'counter' is currently at 78%. Dangerously close to the 80% mark. Just needs another 2% to approve of the enbloc and farrer court gets sold. 2% would be about 15 units. There was a jump by 8% following a sudden rise in estimated value from 1.4 million to near 2 million. Chances of survival are bleak. I can almost expect the enbloc to succeed. I like this place and am willing to live here for much longer. We arent sure where to move to, and leaving farrer court is not just a shifting of house, but also leaving behind a place which holds all my memories of childhood and growing up. I would be reluctant to leave.

Anyway, here's the highlight of the day! Its Claudia's birthday!!! To claudia, (if she visits here): Happy 18th Birthday! (and if u received it)Hope u like my present! And remember our deal! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: General update 20/4