Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Indecison Overruled!

Author's note:
my tagboard has been severely UNDERUSED. So i dont know if its because nobody even VISITS this blog, or everyone has NOTHING to say, to me or about my posts. So just for once, can EVERYONE who visits this blog pls TAG, so at least i know which is the case. Tag ANYTHING will do. But pls do not FLOOD the tagboard. So each person just tag ONCE. Thx.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after 2 weeks of indecision between jc and poly, i have come to a conclusion. I am going to poly. Its a really unexpected twist, but i have got to terms with it.

I have always wanted to go to JC, long before i even took my O levels. Thats cos i have absolutely no idea where my interest or fortes are. I had no idea what i wanna be in the future, and even for jc, i dunno which subject combination i should take. So JC would be a better choice cos i have 2 more years to find my potentials. I preferred this 'extended sec school' system. Even when i did badly for prelims and couldnt qualify for orientation, i knew i could make it for O levels. I was also influenced by my good fren who i call Quack... he kept telling me stuffs about JCs in general, or specific JCs. I learnt quite alot about JCs from Claudia too, and she even lend me her notes to make up for what i missed in 1st 3 months.. So i was much more well informed about JC than poly. And all i knew about poly was from what i could see joel going thru, and it didnt reflect well.

So then came my results for o levels, and i thought i could make it into cjc. And i somehow didnt like the idea of Srjc then. So i put first 2 choices CJC, and 3rd choice poly.
And then came my posting results... and i was posted to my 3rd choice. Still in shock and mental unpreparedness for poly, i was unwilling to stick to what i earlier agreed upon: either CJC or poly. It seemed like i die-die also dun wanna go poly.

Anyway, i had commited the posting results to God, so it could mean that He meant for me to go poly. And by making my appeal to SRJC, i was partly testing if its really God's plan, or just cos getting into CJC was wishful thinking on my part. I ruled out possibility that my appeal there could fail. But God worked his magic, and it really failed. haha.

But that didnt come as a heartsinking moment for me, but instead a bit of relief. Cos the night before, i had alr decided to go poly, wether the appeal succeeds or not. And i had to be influenced by a number of things before i made that decision.

The day after my postings were revealed, i had a debate, my left brain vs my right, on SRJC vs poly. I listed out all the pros and cons of both sides and weighed the factors, and SRJC won by a close margin. So i proceeded with my appeal.

And some time later, i had a talk with Aikhong, and then my opinion of going to srjc improved. So i was all set to go srjc then.

But the turning point came when my mom got unreasonably mad at me because i wanted to use sum1 else's house as sorta a hostel for srjc. So the problem of distance became so big on my mind that i was turned away, and i suddenly decided to find out more about my poly course. So i read a SP booklet gotten some time ago.
And then going to SP was a problem cos i had no direct bus there, and i have no idea how to go. So i remembered that uncle Kam (lawrence's dad) worked at SP, and i called him just to find out how does he get to SP everyday. We live in same estate anyway. But he ended up spending a long phone call continuing on to talk about my course and telling me a load of stuff about poly. So after being more well-informed, i felt more secure about goin poly.

On sunday, along came Caleb, who majored in tourism. He told me all the bad stuff about poly and the course, and my opinion of poly deproved again, but at least then im informed about both the good and bad of poly, and gave me yet more security.

Then i also visited the SRJC website cos i wanted to get their phone number. And i stumbled upon this photo gallery... and OMG. The building looks so bad, and there are so many indians and malays! Almost half the population!! I cant imagine spending 2 years as a student there.

And the final phase came when i read this newspaper article about lotsa JC-qualified students choking up places in polys, so i thought, poly cant be that bad, if not ppl with single-digit scores wont choose it over even a top JC. Plus the article featured on some of the most popular courses in poly, and mine - tourism & resort management - was one of them. So it suddenly struck me: lots of people out there are actually eyeing my place in the course, maybe more than SRJC or even CJC. I should be thankful that i got in in the first place. And i could expect a number of classmates with single digit points for L1R5. So i counted my blessings and decided on poly.

Yesterday i called CJC and found that my appeal is not successful. And just this morning, i recieved a call to tell me that my SRJC appeal also failed. I couldnt believe it... how can a 15-pointer like me not make it into a JC which cut-off is supposedly 20? So i reckon, God's hand must have been in this thing. I dont believe its because everyone who got into srjc all got 15 points and below. I dun beliv i dont qualify for srjc. Prolly the principal looked at my appeal just after a big quarrel and tore it apart.

Well, it did cause some disppointment cos i tho i decided on poly, i wanted to go to JC just to have an experience of what its like to be a JC student, just for the few weeks before poly starts. It is an experience i longed to have since time before O levels. But i believe God has His reasons for denying me of that. Maybe the process of being enrolled in JC wasnt as easy as I thought.. like there could be complications arising out of it. Or maybe theres something better in store for me during this time until poly starts.

Anyway... i just found out today from some statistic that the cut off point for T&RM is actually 11! I JUST MADE IT!!! Thank God i didnt go to SRJC instead. ahahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Indecison Overruled!