Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

ROD night #1

The past 2 days have been quite long for me. And I didn’t have time to blog abt it yesterday.

On Tuesday, I collected my leaving cert n stuff from school in the morning, and I found out I am not eligible for the first 3 month thing at any JC. But I dun wanna go MI or poly. And if I don’t go for that thing, JC is gonna be much harder for me when it starts.

Later in the evening, I went for scouts ROD. It was held at downtown east at pasir ris. I din noe the journey would take so long, so I left 1½ hr before the schedule, thinking I would be early, but I was half hour late. Halfway thru my journey in the MRT, it started to rain heavily outside. I was worried for the bbq. But at pasir ris, there wasn’t a single drop of rain. Haha. God cares for all those ppl having bbq.

When I reached the entrance, the ppl on guard were repairing some spoilt machine, so I could enter without paying a dollar for a stupid chop. Haha. The whole area was smoky, cos everywhere I go there were ppl barbequing. I found my chalet without much difficulty, and the folks alr started BBQing. Much less than expected number of ppl turned up. Almost all the sec4 scouts, a few sec3 scouts, 1 sec2 scout, and 4 graduating guides. It was supposed to be organized by the sec3s, but not a single sec3 guide turned up. U can see now that girls r lazier. Haha.



My scoutmaster served me a bowl of mee siam and some freshly bbqed food while I waited for more food to cook. So it does pay to be late sometimes. The other sec 4s had to cook their own food! The sec4s piled all their cooked food onto plates and laid the table. After my mee siam, I joined them to feast, without cooking anything myself. Haha. They all din say anything anyway. The problem was not a food shortage, but finishing the food. We had to discreetly feed the dustbin with leftovers.

After dinner, we sec4s went to the arcade, but I din play anything. Then we went to some xbox shop to rent 1 to play. I just watched them play. Bored after a while, I went back the chalet, where I found the sec3s playing poker cards. I joined them for a few games. The sec4s returned later and we played more cards till abt 12. The whole area was like a gambling den. Everyone was playing cards.

By 12+ I was very tired so I just lied on the only unoccupied bed, which was in the girls room, and tried to sleep. The girls noticed me trying to sleep there, but they din really bother. I was falling sick n my nose was running like a tap. I stuffed my nose with toilet paper, but it got drenched until the liquid ran into the bed sheet. Eew. The girls (and a guy) just continued playing cards, making a lot of noise and turning on the ipod on loudspeaker. I only managed to sleep after they went outside for supper and I could have my peace. That was about 2am.

All the 4 guides had stead, and they all called their stead to come to visit them, dunno for what. 3 of them agreed to come, and the last girl was tring to convince her stead to come, but he was reluctant. So the other 3 girls took turns to scold him over the phone n force him to come. I wonder if that is a widely practiced thing?
This post is getting long. The next day’s events will be posted some other time. To be continued……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: ROD night #1