Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

1 down, 1 more 2 go.

My prelims hav just ended, and results revealed. that was the 2nd last exam i would ever take for my sec sch education. Only 1 more lies ahead, not far at all. and that exam is more important than all the exams n tests i had this year added together. But the prelims are an impt gauge of where i stand... and apparently the results aint very good...

These are some info abt my exam papers..

Humanities:
again, this is my worst subject. worse still, i deproved from midyears. however, this time i got higher for geog than social. a number of factors contributed.
Geog - i still hav not got the hang of map reading technique. for the sect B, wich is 15 marks, i was supposed to choose 1 from 2 qns. the 2 wich came out were the only 2 i studies thoroughly. and i dint read properly, so i ansered both qns! caused me 2 have not enuf time to finish the 25 marks sect C. anyway, sect C did have a qn on a topic i studied, but somehow i din noe how 2 anser. so i chose another i dint study. turned out real bad.
Social Studies - the history teacher is all to blame 4 my failure! he told me out of chapter 3, 4 and 5, 1 of them would come out. so i studied 1, 2 and 6 cos i supposed 2 would come out. but i cant belief how unlucky i am. the 3 topics that came out were all the 3 i din study. that stupid tcher said 1 will come out, not 3!! he did say we shd focus more on these 3, but i chose 2 heed the other former advice instead.

English:
i dunno just what went wrong. the teachers said they were very lenient in marking. yet abt quarter class failed and only 1 person in class got an A... A2. and one more got bumped up to a2 after counting orals. hope for better luck nex time.

Science:
my most improved subject! yeah im proud of myself.for both chem and bio i got almost the same marks. i cant beliv how lousy my class is. the highest person in science is the only 1 who got a b3.

Maths:
im really really confused abt this... i dunno what went wrong. before the exams.. all those practices... i could anser most of the qns. yet my results are like this. cant be that the paper is very hard.. cos 2 ppl got A1. best explaination would be careless mistakes.

POA
thinking of it makes me sad. i made one of the biggest errors a POA student could ever make during paper 2 - i didnt bring my calculator!! gosh. i had to spent so much time n energy calculating all the figures manually. so in the end i couldnt finish the paper... lost quite a number of marks. lucky got paper 1 to pull me up.

F&N
my best-scoring for the prelims. im relieved to hear from my teacher that the paper was actually slightly harder. i really need the marks in o lvl to pull up my coursework, which contributes 50% of the total score. i got a feeling i dint do very well for that.

heres my score for prelims

English 74 (2)
POA 69 (3)
F&N 76 (1)
science 65 (3)
maths 48 (7)
humanities 37 (9)

average: 61.5

compare to midyears, i made a 2 grade imrpovement. but in order to get the into JC i want, i gotta do much better than that. 2 of my gd frens urged me to go to catholic JC with them. requires 13 points. now i see the advantages of peer pressure. they sounded quite convincing, but i cant decide so soon. i need the advice of the experienced.

TO ALL JC STUDENTS OUT THERE
1. do u think its a good idea to go to a school mainly cos your frens r goin there 2?
2. do better JCs have lazier teachers cos they assume the students can study on their own?
3. is JC really not much different from sec school?
4. are the better JCs full of eliteist ppl who r very arrogant towards the weaker students and competitive towards the better ones?
answer qn 1 and 1 other pls. ty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: 1 down, 1 more 2 go.