Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Unluckiest Day

It wasnt bad enough that my test today was screwed up. what happened after that was a series of unfortunate events.

One simple mistake, but happening in all the wrong kinds of situations.
After my test, i took a bus and decided to stop at KAP to buy lunch (bumped into Denise, who disappeared from church for ages), then take a transfer bus from another bus stop. and the bus happened to be - 170.

So i was being distracted with my phone while the bus was reaching my stop, then i just grabbed my burger and dropped off. Only after the bus had gone out of sight did i realise, i left my file on the bus! in it contained one of my favourite pens, thermometer, house keys, and all the notes for tmr's exam! i couldnt go home anyway, and i needed to study. so i quickly boarded the next 170 and follow all the way to the terminal. (which was how i got my hp back last time).

little did i know that 170 happens to go all the way to Malaysia! (of all buses, man...) so i was dropped off at the woodlands checkpoint, told the bus captian about my problem. he was all bochup about it. i asked the police there to help, they said they would help me check, but i doubt it. my file probably went to some terminal in remote malaysia and is kept there... i just left my contact with the police and hope they will somehow find it.

And then, my phone died! i have been really annoyed with this stupid LG phone many times already. its battery capacity cant last 2 days of normal usage, and the worst part is, the battery meter always stays full until theres like 20% left, then drops drastically. before i get to react, its all outta bat.

so im stuck outside home without keys until my parents comes back at 7. my notes are all the way in malaysia when im supposed to be studying for the test just tomorrow. im caught up at one end of the island. And... i am cut off from all means of communication and entertainment! the only thing i had left was my wallet. that was a totally lost feeling.

once i was at the terminal, i was not supposed to go back. everyone who takes the bus there is expected to go to malaysia. it was a 'restricted area'. so i was held back and given some interrogation when i went to the office and told them i wanna go back. i think that old man just didnt understand english when i told him i came to look for my stuff, and he just kept saying i took the wrong bus =,='

It was such a terrible day. But one thing i took back from this is learning to keep calm. i think God told me to just enjoy the moment for what it is. so i did. Without distractions of the hp, and just putting every worry out of my mind: of the lost items, being locked out of the house, and tmr's exams, i just looked out of the window and enjoy the scenery as i passed by during the ride, appreciating God's creation. that was really relaxing. the scenery from woodlands to bukit timah is really different from the usual singapore. lots of undeveloped land, mostly lowrise developments. yet doesnt seem too desolate.

reaching back at my condo, i realised nobody was at home, and not gonna be until 7, when my parents return. i had almost 2 hours to burn, and really nothing to do. then i just had this feeling i should pay a visit to my neighbour. well not really neighbour but still. this was proabaly the stroke of luck in an unucky day. i ended up at Stacey's house, and i was approaching from a distance, she was sitting there, and spotted me! rescue has come. and just in time, before she was to go out. spent the next hour or so watching her play tennis with her friends.

now im still left with study to do. i realised i could access all those notes i lost on the internet. relief. but most probably i would just use the thick old textbook. hope it still goes well with this little bit of study ill do....

1 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda said...

excellent day!

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: The Unluckiest Day