Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Harding: the new place to be

The time has come for the church to move as well. away we go, goodbye leedon road. the church building i have been familiar with since my kindergarten days, when it was still a kindergarten. for some time, it had been like my second home.



now it seems every place that i have regular associated with has now been removed or converted to something else. which leaves me with little tangible reminders of my past. esp my childhood. my kindergarten is gone (long ago), my primary school building has been converted into a kindergarten (just after i graduated!), my sec school has been converted into a language centre (just after i graduated, again!), my home which i spent my first 18 years of my life in has since been demolished, and now, even my church is gonna be gone too. i guess this is no time to get sentimental.



i expected myself to be rather sentimental and emo on the last sunday in st james, but it went rather normal. and when i had my first service in harding, i didnt feel out of place or unfamiliar, and neither did i feel i miss the old church. maybe i would some time later, but not much. cause i realised, its the people that matters more. after all, its the people that make the church.



for now, we still do go back to church at mornings for dg, so we would get too see the church and spend time in it for at least 2 months more. many things are still left in there, and all facilities functioning. then we go down to harding for the E3 service, then in the afternoon head over to St Georges for jym. so my 3 main activites on a typical sunday is now each held at different locations, which makes it all the more interesting.


About the new places, i quite like it. a refreshing change. lots of nature around, a serene environment and like a countryside setting not commonly found in singapore. whats bad though is the narrow passageways where we always collide with human traffic, children's toilets, lack of proper facilities and location matters, having no convenient lunch place nearby like holland V was. theres only those expensive restaurants which is not an option for us. the chapel at St Georges for jym is no doubt older looking and lousier than our own, but everything we need is there nevertheless. the container rooms are kinda cool.

on the whole, things are still better back at leedon. i wouldnt mind not moving. but its ok, moving out to a lousier place for just 2 years, and after that we'll be back and much better than what it is now! may this 2 years at harding be memorable ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Harding: the new place to be