Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Friday, June 16, 2006

All i want is YOU!

The past few days i have been at church camp. I shall not go into detail of what happened and what i did during the camp or the compilation may turn out to be a whole book like what i wrote for the RACE camp.

Monday 11 Jun. We met in church at 7.15 am to embark on a long and sleepy journey to our camp venue - guoman hotel in port dickson. Coach was very lousy and uncomfortable. could not rest even tho we were tired. Had lunch on the way at some hawker centre. Reached hotel and check in at abt 3. Free time till 6. Went to gabriel's room to play cards and hang around. At 6 we had a briefing and then went for dinner. Every meal in during the camp was a buffet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner i always had my fill of nice foods. I purposely pick more of the expensive foods so i dint touch rice, and veg if they r lousy. After dinner we had session 1, then went to derrick's room to hang around till past 12. Derrick is somehow very popular with the smaller JYMers. His room was swarming with them. I watched the ppl go crazy to rock music. We played cards upon pimple cream penalties. Purely sadistic gambling. its not fun to play. only fun is to see others suffer. Then we talk abt random stuff.

Tuesday 12 Jun. Woke up at 7.30 for devotions. Still very tired. Following up was breakfast, sesssion 2, tea break, session 3, lunch and then recreation time. We had choice to do anything we wanted during recreation. I went to mel's room and saw the last part of Harry Potter show. Then we had to leave cos mel wanted to sleep. I went to watch our soccer team compete against the enemy church's and meanwhile i had some peaceful moments at the nearby swamp and river. I Threw a stone at a big wasp nest on a tree and a whole legion came out. Run for my life! I ran and when i look back, i saw they dint come after me. At 6.30 we had dinner, then session 4 and ministry time. After that it was very late alr. No time for other stuff. time 2 slp.

Wednesday 13 Jun. Woke up at 7.50. Missed devotion. Same pattern as ytd - breakfast, session 5, tea break, session 6 and recreation time. I spent the recreation time at the beach... collected humus under the seabed and planned to bring home to use as fetriliser. I saw darren and co catching innocent sea creatures stranded on the beach on low tide. Then i walked towards the furthest rock above the surface. But i decided to turn back halfway. The next hour and so was spent playing roaming the beach for nice seashells and playing gooseberry on daniel & joanne, Claudia and Ryan, and my parents. Marcus, aikhong and mel were also wandering aimlessly on the beach. Later i brought the humus back to the room to check it out. After removing much water from it, it had a really funny texture like nothing i felt b4. When i turn it upside down, it does not come out, yet its not solid or jellylike. I can poke my finger thru it. It can hit hard when thrown. In the end i decided to throw it away. After that we had dinner, session 7 and ministry again. This time the pastor prayed for whole families at one time so i was dragged along by my mom. Mine was the last family to be prayed for. Somehow the pastor dint seem to like us. It ended at 12+. Another night of late sleep.

Thrusday 14 Jun. Woke up at 8. Time to have breakfast. Then we had our last session for the camp, and then we took a camp photo in which evryone was inside so our faces look like dots. we packed up the place and our belongings and placed then in the ballroom. Then we had our last meal in the camp and assembled in the lobby by 1.30. The camp was declared closed. It had been 4 days, 3 nights but yet it seems much shorter. Shows i was havin a good time. After a headcount and last check if atg was left behind before boarding the bus and head for home. This time we took a shorter but less smooth route. The bus went along a long dirt road full of twists and turns and uneven ground. I was trying my best to rest so that i wont feel so giddy or nauseus. I felt very giddy for awhile and then the next thing i knew we were on the mainroad again. Perhaps i actually fainted. ;) The bus took a stop at a yoyo shop where we Qd up to relieve ourselves and steal free samples of tidbits. We reached church at 8+. What happened after that is no longer related to the camp alr.

Notes about the camp
1. one of the scenes in 'Harry Potter :Goblet of Fire ' which i saw on the 2nd day of camp was so similar to the scene about the maze in my dream which i mentioned in the previous post. It was like a Deja Vu. The similarities: The maze is made out by pruned plants. It was nighttime. The plants in the dream was about the same height as the one in Harry Potter. Differences: The maze in my dream was narrower. The moonlight did not reach the floor like in the show. The plants in my dream did not attack. k thats it. But its similar enough. Many ppl have related me to Harry Potter. This is weird.

2. I realised something rather disturbing during the 2 ministry sessions. While i saw everyone out there were being slain one by one, i remained unmoved. The people were especially likely to succumb to being slain by the Canon Fred. But when he prayed for me, i dint feel anything. My heart is made of concrete! My bro and did not fall either and my parents told me they hardly felt anything too. It seems theres a resistant gene in my family. Like a resistant strain of bacteria that is immune to being killed by antibiotics, im immune to being slain by the spirit. Although this may be a physical strength, i consider it a weakness in spirit. Empowerment comes with a close relationship with God. This factor may be whats inhibiting my spiritual growth. Can anyone help me? ><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: All i want is YOU!