Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Joy in sufferings

I would like to have a figurine of a dog and a dove, cos their iconic characteristics are what i desire to have.

Looking back, this year has been one where i could really feel God's work in me. i have been through so much tougher times than i have before, and been exposed to so many new things, learnt so many hard facts of life. Yes there was problem after problem, disappointment after disappointment. at times i was squeezed dry of my morale. But it is through these that i learnt to grow, trained my strength and perseverance, and learnt to depend on God.
Indeed as it is said, 'suffering produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, and character produces hope.' (romans 5:4)

Did hope disappoint me? yes my hopes were dashed many a times. but even these can be turned to blessings. Through them i have developed a hardy spirit which recovers quickly from disappointment, and learnt to take them in stride. but while i was undergoing the 'training', i could feel God was there for me, always providing me rays of hope and not just letting me sink to the pits of depression. Thus fulfils the promise that God will not let you be trailed beyond what you can bear. (dunno the reference)

Another fulfillment is that "once the purpose that the trial was intended for has been fulfilled, God will deliver us from it". And so it was for me, that after i have been subjected to all the oppression of the previous project group and been strengthened by it, the groups have changed and im able to get along much better with the current one. And guess what, im in this group for a different purpose now - im being faced with different kind of problems, which i believe i will learn more from.

I pray that i will stop looking back at my punitive past and be discouraged, but look ahead with anticipation, walking faithfully step by step along the path ahead that God will lead me on.

All seems bleak and hopes are low,
Trials arise and engulfs me so.
The purpose for these, i do not know,
But in due time, God will show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Joy in sufferings