Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Blogging

I now realise how dependent i have become on one little machine called a laptop. Life is rather miserable now that my laptop has met some problems, cant be used and have to be sent for repair. And it would be even more so if i had to use it more during school, or if i didnt have so much time spent away from home. its gonna take a few days, and meanwhile i cant do my projects, one of which is due next mon... pressure. thankfully the hard disk is still ok, so i dont lose all my precious files. now that i think of it... seriously really a lot of time i spend is in front of the comp when im at home.

i think i may be taking too long to do my blog posts man. it has become like a habit to always think through and make corrections while i type out my post, significantly slowing down the process. and maybe because of that, i do not blog so often.

i have become very conscious of what i say in my posts. i would do 'quality control checks', to ensure as much as possible that i do not say anything offensive or inaccurate. i try to phrase in a way so as to best bring the message across. it is also a habit that i give a title for the posts, and as much as possible stick to the topic, except for the cases of 'random' or 'update'. this further narrows my flow of thoughts and restricts my scope of things to post about .

but yet i must know what i reveal to the public, which is whoever reads my blog. i believe i should not reveal too much stuff on the blog, since i dont even know who reads it. i dont want someone i hardly know to know much about me, especially without me knowing. only a small portion of readers would leave tags that would allow me identification. and smaller amounts of info is easier to control. neither do i want my blog to be an alternative to getting to know me well.

i know that my posts may not speak to readers very much, but a greater reason for blogging would be to act as a record of the stages and experiences in life, for my own reference in the future. its actually rather useful when i have a whole range of posts dating back a long way, and then take a journey through them when im free, to recollect the past. but due to what i stated above, i many times cant publish my innermost feelings. and too lazy to do it in a diary.

some may argue that its more accurate if i were to type out, kinda on impulse, whatever comes to my mind so that it would really accurately reflect how im feeling and thinking at that point of time. but i no i would say, giving another chance to sort out my thoughts and think through before posting wold mean that i better know what im talking about, and to increase credibility. i have more chances to review what the matter actually is, and what im really feeling. and this, is what makes it accurate.

yes i may miss out the nitty gritty details of things happening in my life. but my theory is, if i forget about it or cant bother to blog about it, it must be rather unimportant. i believe in quality over quantity. so in this way all the major events and big deals are recorded (which is already enough), and whatever little things that may get through. this saves my blog from being flooded with unnecessary things that are not worth remembering, inaccurately put or irrelevant. this makes it easier and more meaningful to check back on my posts, more interesting too.

i guess blogging is a really useful tool. for mass media when applicable, for records otherwise. though it may take up much of my time and effort, i would still think its worth it.. like a form of investment. oh i missed the annual flashback on my blog's birthday this year... got 2 years to do next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: Blogging