Sdoru-ll-urodS!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

in need indeed.

a few months ago i was at the bus stop beside dover MRT after some cca which lasted until night, when i was approached by someone for help by giving money. I refused to help him even though i had the money cos i doubted him.

then yesterday it happened again. this time it was a young man who couldnt speak much english and had a funny accent... duno wheres he from. looks quite malay, though.

he told me he left his wallet in the taxi after alighting. his girlfren was stil in the cab, but not contactable. so he wanted money for taking mrt. i asked which station hes going to, and i couldnt understand him even after many repeats cos of his accent. i finally realised its Boon Keng station. he said it like phuket.

there was still a loophole - why should he drop off at dover when he lives at boon keng which is so far away? i doubt hes a SP student. but still he sounded more convincing then the previous.

he said he needed $5, and i was taken aback by the amount. but he said he would return it to me. i didnt think so. i checked my wallet.. i had some coins, a $10 and $2 note. so i offered him $2, saying thats all i have. we were doubtful that $2 could pay for his ride, then i recommended taking bus. 2 bux could afford a ride there if he knew what to take.

then he asked for my number and address so that he could return the money. either he did that to gain trust or that he really was so willing to repay kindness he would find me and return a miserable $2. either case, i didnt want him coming to find me, and i still doubted he would find me. plus its only $2. so i just said "you take, you take. no need find me."

what happened next was rather unexpected. from the plastic bag he was carryng, he took out and gave me a 87g box of Meiji macadamia chocolates! by this its confirmed that he was not a fake. that box sure costs more than $2. and its delicious. heh.
so it does pay to be helpful. sometimes. for all i know, if i had helped that old man, he may have given me some antique jewellery! haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Claudia & xuxu
Dvd Lim
Lawrence
Sdoru-ll-urodS!: in need indeed.